Monday, May 19, 2008

Email Campaigns and Gas Prices

Email campaigns are not easy, but used effectively can be a valuable marketing tool.

There are tons and tons of software programs on the net sift through. As Deb Higgins, Crown Point, IN of Four Seasons Virtual Tours, points out in her blog Email Advertisting, it is expected and critical to have your emails “opt-in”. You have to obtain emails from people who agree to let ou send them emails. If not your emails could be considered SPAM. So the best thing to do is start collecting those emails.

Beyond the actual implementation of an actual email campaign, there are several points to consider.

How will my customers benefit from a campaign? As I see it they can only be a good thing. It’s a fantastic way of keeping your customers up-to-date with what’s happening with virtual tours and your businesses, giving them information in a timely manner, and see that they get special announcements.

How will I benefit from an email campaign? Not only will they save time, energy and money but they will no doubtedly help to increase sales.

Will I maintain my campaign myself, farm it out or use one of the million software programs that bombard your email box every day? This is a personal preference type answer. But you need to consider:
· Your time in maintaining your email list?
· How personal do you want your campaign to be,?
· Will you do followups and when?
· Will I need reports showing how effective my efforts are?
· What type of email campaign will I use, quick announcement, newsletter, press release and as a broucher listing specials?

It all boils down to “Should I do an email campaign or not?”.

What about gas prices? They’re nearly at $4.00 per gallon in South Central Michigan. L

Sandra M. Gibson
Power Play Multi-Media Productions
South Central Michigan RTV Virtual Tour Provider
http://www.powerplaymmp.com



517-869-2707

No comments: